Mango sticky rice is one of my favorite desserts to eat here in Thailand! And yes, when I’m feeling cheeky I eat it as dinner! This dish is the perfect combination of sweet coconut milk and refreshing cool mangos, perfect for a hot afternoon! This traditional thai dessert is typically eaten with the hands, just be sure to have some napkins on standby!
1 cup Long grain rice
150 cc Coconut milk
1 cup Palm Sugar
1pc Ripe sweet mango, peeled and sliced
½ tbsp. Salt
2 tbsp. White sesame seeds (option for garnish)
- Soak rice with enough water to cover rice, soak for 3-8 hours. Next, steam rice on medium to high heat for 20 minutes.
- Mix the coconut milk, sugar and salt into a pot to heat over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir to dissolve the sugar thoroughly.
- Combine the sauce with hot sticky rice (if rice is not hot, the mixture will separate). Stir to ensure all of the rice mixes with the sauce.
- Arrange a plate with rice and sliced mango. Pour any remaining sauce over the sliced mango.
- Add sesame seeds (optional).